This guide is all about serving you and any questions you might have.
If you still have questions after reading through this entire guide please bring your questions to our scheduled chat time. Looking forward to connecting with you!
Shelly’s expert background as co-owner and Licensed Physical Therapist of Advanced Physical Therapy, P.S.C. has honed her skills at evaluating individual and team behavior and how to set goals for success based on this information. Bill’s electrical engineer expertise at Roscor and background as previous co-owner of Byrne Chiropractic lends to the creative design and safety of all EarthJoy’s playgrounds!
Bill was a three sport athlete with multiple awards. Shelly & Bill have coached youth teams to win first place three years in a row.
Both Shelly & Bill use their strong intuitive guidance to assist the team leaders in addressing and resolving conflict so YOUR team can flourish!
We partner with the trees to help you develop a stronger kinesthetic sense of what it takes to be a WINNING team. We use Healthy Tree system as an analogy, tree climbing challenges and other forest activities to create trust, develop patience and a STRONG foundation for your team.
You will create a TEAM TREE where all team members contribute to the strong foundation by verbalizing and taking responsibility for what they need to do to be part of the roots.
Your team will create a TREE as a visual and to use as resource that highlights your VISION.
You will receive quick and easy to implement communication tools. Your team members will be able to communicate effectively what they need for support as well. Everyone will learn how to take 100% responsibility in knowing how they feel, how to communicate this and when.
Your team member will strengthen trust in one another.
Depending on what program you choose we set several goals you will need to accomplish as a team. These goals will be attained via tree climbing and other tools.
Team Building Options
Choose the best time that will work for your team.
- TEAM BUILDING HOURS 10AM to 2PM or 3PM to 7PM
Choose 4 areas of focus from list below.
- Conflict resolution.
- Create a Powerful TEAM Vision.
- Clarify each member’s role. How do you unveil your Zone of Genius so 80% of your time is spent in this Zone?
- TEAM Trust Development
- Complete Delegation.How to recognize your Zone of Mediocrity, let it go and delegate the rest
- Clarify your Teams Values
- Recognize the TOP strengths of each member.
- Practice conducting positive team meetings.
- Get plenty of exercise
- Connect to YOURSELF, your team and nature
- Releasing. (What does each team member need to release to move forward?)
- Getting to know each other’s true essence.
- Create lifetime memories together.
First we gather to do a workshop either in the Pete Nelson Tree House , Lodge or at Shelter at AJ JOLLY PARK Then we partner with Trees and Nature to answer the questions WHO DO YOU NEED TO BE to get to the top of the TREE as a Team and Have Lunch or Dinner?
- Our staff will set up the challenge that makes the most sense to obtain your goals for the Team Building Event. All team members will learn to work together.
- This is experiential event and everyone receives that what they are meant to receive. Mainly helps folks to go inside, trust their body soul and mind. This can be designed to deepen trust of one another.
Here are Benefits of what you will receive.
- You will discover, heal, let go and replace your limiting beliefs using nature to access your true wisdom.
- Climb Majestic trees!
- Improved communication.
- Deepen your listening skills for one another.
- Determining the values of your family or team.
- Create a VISION together.
- Rejuvenate in the outdoors!
- Fun and adventure in the woods
- Collecting in the energy of others
- Learn how to tree climb
- Quality time with your family or co-workers.
- Get re-connected with yourself so you can connect with others
- Learn how to use other senses to communicate other than just your voice.
- Deepen your connection to nature.
Lodging at Germantown Location is in the Tree House that sleeps two adults, hammock sleeping can be set up for those wanting to sleep under the stars. The Rise N Shine Lodge sleeps 10.
- Lodge sets on same property as Tree House and is 247 a night. The Germantown Location is highly recommended for you have access privately to the 200 acres full of trails, ponds and creeks. In the evening after your team building day you can prepare a meal together in the full kitchen and enjoy it together in the dining room. You can set up volleyball or badminton
- You will enjoy the Private time for YOUR Family or TEAM…
- Get away from the everyday stresses of life by being in a beautiful surrounding.
COST: Varies depending on your customized options Day Team Building includes Lunch/Workshop/Step by step into the tree 6 to 10 $147.00, 11 to 15 $127.00 per person, 16 or more $97.00 a person. Add ons Tree House and Lodge for the night $497.00 for both plus $150 security deposit.
DO YOU HAVE OTHER OPTIONS?
Yes! You can choose between two times 10 to 2PM for guided team building or 3 to 7PM (add 10 per person for dinner option)You can add catering for other meals
“Shelly and Bill make a great teaching team. Shelly brings her cheerleader/Coach enthusiasm with assured and demonstrated knowledge, Bill brings his Rock of Gibraltar steady aim and methodology to move the training ahead on time and ON TARGET.”
James Reischman on Basic Class- Cincinnati, Ohio
“Every year brings on the cycle of losing members and gaining new members to our team. That is why it is important for us to begin building that chemistry as early as possible. This year we chose to build our foundation with EarthJoy and it was a huge success! It was valuable to spend time away from our environment and have a third party help point out things we may overlook. Shelly and Bill were so in tune to our dynamics and offered great ways to help us build unity and symbolize our values. Our value tree is with us every day. And we draw on the memories from our fun trip often while our chemistry continues to flourish!”
When the weather is mild: Long pants and hikers (not your best pair) or long socks and long shorts are recommended. For purposes of modesty, avoid skirts, very short shorts and low cut jeans.
When the weather is cold: Dress in layers. Do wear closed toe shoes with good socks. Thin hats or “skins” are recommended as you will still need to wear a helmet (provided).
FOR ALL CLIMBS BRING LOTS OF WATER AND SNACKS!